Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blog Schmog


Able Tasman


Ok, here it is.  The Blog.  It's pretty intimidating (maybe that's because Ramey has personally threatened me if I don't keep this up).  Most of you may have noticed that I am sparse on FaceBook, inactive on LinkedIn, always invisible on G-chat, but here I am attempting the sole endeavor of maintaining a travel blog for a year (so dramatic).  Good luck.  More to you guys than me.

Since we have established that I am a sub-par communicator at best, please allow me to catch some of you up on my plans.  Kelly Brittan (aka The Raddist Individual I Know) and I have quit our secure, well paying jobs with benefits to travel the world for a year.  I keep trying to think of other ways to tell people that, but I still come of sounding like a smarmy jerk.  I guess there's no nice way to say, "While you're slaving away in your cubicle this year, I'm going to fly to that exotic beach that's on your screensaver".  Smarmy indeed.  Here's the rough itinerary (keeping it flexible for optimal vagabond experiences):

September - December: New Zealand
December - January: Bali
January - April: SE Asia (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam & Cambodia)
April - May: Madagascar
May - September: Europe (All over the place)

Why? Look, it's been an unkind year and we really tried to think of less disgusting ways to say "find ourselves" (Sprit Quest?  Maiden Voyage?  Conquistador Calling?), but it all comes out sounding like we are chasing our Eat, Pray, Love adventure.  And this most definitely has nothing to do with Julia Roberts or her stupid mid-life crisis.  

I hope I can provide some mildly interesting information for you over the next 12 months.  No apologies, but I do warn those faint at heart that this is my year off with no responsibilities.  And after all, we are young and single...sorry parents.  

1 comment: