Saturday, October 8, 2011

32 Hours


Cracked Out After 32 Hours of Travel


Departing for an adventure like this, there are certain risks and losses that you just accept when you travel with your life on your back.  Frankly, Kelly and I fully expect to be ripped off, to have things stolen or just to lose things ourselves.  Last time I was in Prague my shoes were stolen; we are well aware that any of our belongings are fair game.  What we didn't expect though, is that I would lose my sweet ass new camera before we even left the country.  Ballz.  

Yes, I cried.  Lucky Kelly got her first taste of just how useless I will be in future crisis.  Kelly made calls to airlines.  I cried.  Kelly talked to the airline gate reps.  I cried.  Kelly commandeered a strangers iPone to make more calls.  I cried.   When the acceptance faze of the grieving process starting setting in, we queued up to board the plane for Fiji.  An adorable old man must have noticed my puffy face, roughly the color of a baboon's ass, because he came directly up to me and asked, "Did you lose your camera?"  Why yes, yes I did.  My dumb ass apparently took it out of my bag when retrieving my boarding pass and left my prized camera just sitting in LAX.  Well, who knew so many lessons would be learned before leaving american soil.

1 comment: